The benefits of solar water heaters
- Hot water throughout the year. The system works all year round, though you’ll need to heat the water further with a boiler or immersion heater during the winter months.
- Reduced energy bills. Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation your hot water costs will be reduced.
- Lower carbon footprint. Solar hot water is a green, renewable heating system and can reduce your carbon dioxide emissions.
Choosing the right product:
Here Guide for Solar water heaters and how to choose the right solar water heater for your home. In case if you wish to contact us just Click here or Call Balan: 9632417722
- Basic requirements for Choosing the right solar water heater
- capacity to choose
- Choosing the Right Solar Water Heater
- with air vent or without air vent
- Solar Tank features (very important)
- which brand to choose?
- What to ask an installer
Basic requirements for Choosing the right solar water heater
- To keep a solar water, terrace must be Clear from all shadows and open to good sunlight.
- Hot and Cold water plumbing lines must be ready to serve hot water from terrace to all bathrooms
- overhead tank height should be at least 5ft high from the terrace floor level
- no obstructions towards south direction as solar collectors received more sunlight from this direction.
If you need help Choosing the Right Solar Water Heater we will send out technical team to evaluate and give you some suggestions, which is chargeable (approximately Rs.500/-) and refunded when you buy a solar water heater from us.
Choosing the right capacity solar water heater
- 100 litres suitable for 2 to 3 people
- 150 ltrs suitable for 3 to 4 people
- 200 ltrs suitable for 4 to 5 people
- 250 ltrs suitable for 5 to 6 people
- 300 ltrs suitable for 6 to 7 people
- 500 ltrs suitable for 10 to 12 people
above formula works out well only if its a single floor villa or a house. for every additional floor increase capaicty by 50 ltrs. that is for 100 ltrs for 2 to 3 people to 150 ltrs. Because the wastage will be higher as the floor level increases.
Types of solar water heater
- There are two types of solar water heater,
- FPC (Flat Plate Collector) & ETC (Evacuated Tube Collector),
Choosing with Assistant tank or Air Vent system
- Air vent solar water heaters requires a long pipe equal to the height of the over had tank, advantage with this is you will get maximum gravitation pressure at bathroom tap or shower.
- solar water heater with Assistant tank doesn’t require long pipe,
- following are the images for the two types of solar water heater
Here is the image for solar water heater with assistant tank
Here is the image for solar water heater with air vent pipe
Solar Inner tank ( this is very important)
Choosing the right solar tank is very important for life of the solar water itself, because Solar tank is the one which will get damaged over the period of time and not panels or glass tubes. Hence choose the right one
- There are many types of solar tanks available here are some
- Solar Inner tank with anti-corrosion coated, that is Glasslined coated, porcelain coated etc
- Solar Inner tank with Stainless Steel with SS-304 which is food grade steel with thickness 0.5mm and above
- Good insulation is very important (PUFF material is better, some use Glasswool )
Glasslined / Porcelain Coated Inner tank: This is best suited for hard water and the inner tank coating will protect the tank from all kinds of minerals and salt contents.
Stainless Steel inner tank: Best suited for Normal hard water below 300 TDS
What to ask an installer?
The Energy Saving Trust recommends you choose a solar water heating product that is certified under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) – Government of India, New Delhi. Check if the supplier is an authorized seller appointed by the manufacturer, as most of the manufacture ask to buy only from appointed dealers and distributors. There are various reason for it.
if they are a member of a trade organisation such as the MNRE.
Details on available options such as size, panel type, hot water storage.
Type of collector flat plate panels can be efficient but expensive and where as Evacuated tube systems can be more efficient, maintenance free and cost less.
for anti rust coated special tanks for more durability
them to confirm that the system will be eligible through certifications for Renewable Heat Incentive discounts from BESCOM.
Supreme solar factory visit: watch this video